Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer has begun!

Memorial Day weekend flew by; we managed to play some poker with friends (Rob unsuccessfully), ride the bikes, see a parade, and work around the house. We took the bikes into Channahon and rode a portion of the I&M trail (going west). After riding the trail starting in Morris (west) last year, I think we can recommended it as a great bike path. There were some rough areas right in Channahon where they patched the trail with gravel rather than limestone screenings, but the rest was great. These pictures were from around mile marker 53 at Lock #8/Aux Sable Aqueduct. Fagerson...I can report that there were no scary turtles…just large snakes and toads.

We have been thinking about what runs we are going to do this summer. So far we have the Warrenville Firecracker 5K on July 4th ($20) and This Runs for Jack on October 18 (donation race). We would like to add one or two more – does anyone have any suggestions?



1 comment:

Andrea C. said...

Hi Katie and Rob,
It looks like you have been traveling a lot. That is great! I'm sure it helps to keep your mind off of the wait. You guys should consider doing Muddy Buddy in August. It takes place in Gilberts, IL and is loads of fun. I will be doing it for the second time with my friend Tracey. I hope you are well! Keep your chin up!
Blessings,
Andrea