Monday, November 2, 2009

October Recap...

There were ten placements in our agency during the month of October - five girls and five boys; no calls for us (sigh…). Nine months of waiting…was something suppose to happen at nine months? Ughgh…

Some friends we made through our agency did have a placement (yeah B&L!)...a little girl born last week; they were even able to be at the hospital.

Work in terms of architecture (or should I say lack of work) continues to just plummet…but to make it even worse, I am in an office with four employees, one of whom happens to be pregnant. Somehow, the topic of large families came up and I had mentioned how Rob recently met a family that had bunches of kids…some of whom were biological and some of whom were adopted through foster care. She said to me rubbing her belly…"…I would think one could never love adopted kids as much as their own". Just what is one suppose to do with that? I thought I would buy the eggs…anyone want to help?

10 comments:

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Rene said...

Let me at her!!! How wrong she is.
I'm sorry you have to hear comments likt that.
Hang in there
Love and prayers
Aunt Rene

mom2many said...

I have 4 bio kids and have adopted 3 kids through foster care. There is no difference in the love I have for ALL of MY children. As a matter of fact, one of my bios recently asked me if HE was adopted! He obviously can't tell the difference! Unfortunately, our world is full of stupid, thoughtless people. (Oh...I told my bio that I wasn't sure...I can't remember who IS and who ISN'T adopted!)

BethAnn said...

Today someone asked me if I was babysitting! I was just waiting for that first comment. People can be so thoughtless. Hang in there, Katie. Thinking of you!

Colleen said...

I deleted my first comment because I thought maybe I should not be so mean. It just really hurts to hear someone say something so mean. I am sorry that she said that to you. It is amazing how mean people can be. I have thought about it for awhile and I guess the best thing to say in that situation is "Don't you think that comment is rather insensitive to my family and me". It is really hard to be prepared for what to say but I think maybe just be ready if there is a next time....and hopefully there never will be. It has taken me a long time to be ready with come back remarks but I work at it all the time. (But in the end, I'll throw the most eggs!)

Calmil2 said...

I don't know who this person is but you need to stay away from her!!! I am assuming she knows you are adopting (even if she doesn't it is a stupid comment) which makes her comment mean spirited and just downright rude!!! Sorry that happened and I hope so much that you will get a match soon!!!

Danielle said...

I just started following your blog too :) Just wanted to say that this woman was so inconsiderate to say such a horrific thing to you. There are some people who just don't have a clue....they never got it and they never will. Stay strong!!

Rosemarie said...

Colleen gave me your blog site (I'm her neighbor) and I just wanted to say that I'm wishing you both all the best.

With regards to your co-worker, if she doesn't know her co-workers well enough, then she should really think before she speaks; but if she does, then she's just insensitive and should be ignored (as best as possible!)

Mrs H said...

People are idiots. And i SWEAR pregnant people are smug, self-righteous idiots!

9 months later I'm wondering the same thing ((hugs)).

rlvd said...

wow, that's really awful