Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swim, Bike, Run

Rob participated in the Lake Zurich triathlon (olympic) this morning. My picture is not the best, but I have never gotten him on the bike before, so it will have to do. It was a nice race; small enough where you could find people as a spectator. Another friend did the race as well; I was able to pick her and Rob out very easily. Given it was a fairly hot and muggy day, I think Rob was happy with his times; the swimming was probably his best event.

I was not so lucky today as the turn I sat at had a biker go down…very hard. Luckily the ambulance was able to get to him fairly quickly...and he was wearing a helmet. It is going to be some time before I am comfortable on my bike again.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Congrats Rob!

From your picture it looks like you are at a turn. On my road bike, I get really nervous when I turn. I go through turns with no speed at all because I am scared I am going to fall. It is not like my old hybrid at all. Be reassured that turning on your hybrid is not like turning on a road bike. There is much more stability when you can quickly put your feet on the ground.

Crafty Nester said...

Yikes! Bike crashes are never fun. Sounds like a fun event (for everyone but the guy that crashed that is).