Everyday I come home from work, I am more excited about the 23rd of December arriving. For six years, I have come home from my day job just to start working again on the business – it is finally coming to an end. Clients are still squeezing everything they can get out by the 23rd. I just got another statement from my insurance carrier today urging me to complete the renewal paperwork as soon as possible because of the "paper backlogs that many of the professional liability carriers are experiencing"...I am quite happy about not having to deal with that again next year!
My day work doesn’t get any better; I work more than my contracted 30 hours. My review was last week; I was actually told I was a “cheap” employee (meaning they pay me little). It also seems that our 15% pay reduction is permanent - although it is only a 12% reduction for me now for they raised my reduced salary 3%. Gee thanks. I am dedicating 2011 to finding a new job. I know it will take forever in this economy, but I am focused and determined. My largest project is in for permit, so I feel I could leave now and not be leaving too much of a burden on anyone. I do not owe my employers anything for in my mind, they have done nothing but take advantage and steal from me for the past three years. Don’t worry, I won’t let the door hit me on the way out…for I’ll be dancing down the hall!
My mentee J’s birthday is next week…12 years old. We are going to do something special – dinner and swimming. She has been talking about going out to dinner forever; she finally has chosen the Old Country Buffet. The Aurora pool has evening hours and a few waterslides. Over break, we do not meet at the mentor house, so we talked about also trying to go ice skating and sledding. She has never been ice skating, so I am thinking indoors might be better where she can hold onto the edge for a bit (as I am not that stable myself).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so excited for you! I'm also dedicated to finding myself a new job in 2011, it will take time to find the right one, but I am convinced there is something better out there for me. KT, a toast to you for 2011, I think it's going to be our year! :)
Post a Comment