Monday, August 29, 2011

Last Dog On The Hill



Rowan often gets asked what type of dog he is; officially, we termed him an "All-American Dog" with the American Kennel Club. Lately, a few people have mentioned to us that he looks like the dog on the book: "Last Dog on the Hill". We finally looked, and sure enough...there's our Mr. Rowan! We have not yet read the book, but are requesting it from the library.

Our park distric is hosting a "Canine Good Citizen" class starting in mid-September. I did sign Mr. Rowan up. Every once and a while, we wonder if he is meant to be a therapy dog...this would be the first step in finding out. Miss Alice is the teacher and always has chicken in her pockets, so I have a feeling that we may have trouble getting beyond that!

3 comments:

BethAnn said...

That would be really awesome if Mr. Rowan became a therapy dog. I would love to be able to have Simon be a therapy cat. He loves people so much, he could really be a comfort to sick or injured patients or the elderly. I just don't have the time to devote to it right now. I should look into it more though :)
Good luck with your class!

Colleen said...

Rowan is the all-American dog. :)

Let me know if the book is a good one to read. I just read "My Life in Dog Years" by Gary Paulsen. It was pretty good.

Joyful said...

What a beautiful dog! I read your other post about the holiday/hiking adventure. I'm glad you didn't run into the beat on the trail, too!