Saturday, October 8, 2011

Scenic Sunday - Glacier


Just one short month ago, we were hiking the Dawson-Pitamakan Pass loop at Glacier National park. It was quite the perfect day. About 17.5 miles of beautiful mountain wilderness (well, we did take the motor boat at the beginning to cut off 3 miles). I have to admit, when thinking about trips for 2012, I have already gone back to look at Glacier again...it was a very special place!

Really though, we have been tossing around a few ideas and high on my list is the Rim-to-Rim hike at the Grand Canyon for late May 2012. I have been pouring through all the details, and the possibility of getting a lottery permit for a nearby hike - The Wave. The details all need to be hashed out now, for canyon backcountry permits need to be secured starting five months in advance (not to mention it would be nice to book a hikers-stew dinner at the Phantom Ranch at the Colorado river). We have also been talking Hawaii or Alaska, but the old architecture profession/economy is still just too much in the dumper to think about something more elaborate. And then there is always Half Dome at Yosemite too...


Scenic Sunday

6 comments:

Gemma Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Beautiful mystery in this scenic view!

Charlene N. K. said...

Wow, what a scenery! I also like to visit mountains and lakes, and seeing pictures like this one takes me to such places.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scene! Thanks so much for sharing -- and Andra looks like a little sweetie! :)

Al said...

That's a stunner! I'd love to visit Glacier one day.

Mrs H said...

i love love love glacier and think about it constantly since we went 3 years ago!!

Donna said...

Spectacular! I would love to visit that myself.