Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mr. Rowan - A Canine Good Citizen

Mr. Rowan is a “Canine Good Citizen”; he passed his class and is registered with the AKC. Next goal: AKC Novice A Obedience. The Glenbard Training club hosts it annual trials in November – so hopefully in about 11 months, we will be ready!

Miss Andra continues to be a wonderful dog to us, but extremely protective and reactive. We continue working with her all the time. A quick Andra story... I make several Christmas ornaments every year. They have been done for a few weeks now, but I have slowly started packaging them up. At one point, I had been working all night long when Rob came in to the office and said I wouldn't be happy. I knew immediately it was the ornaments and assumed the worst. Instead, he put one unhappy ornament on my desk; it was quite worn and the tag was mostly missing. He said he found her happy as could be rolling around on it with a smile on her face. I was mad, but one ornament was better than 20! As I continued packaging things up, I just couldn't figure out whose ornament it was that she destroyed. Finally, as I packaged up the last one, I finally figured it out...she ate OUR ORNAMENT! UGH!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Congrats Mr. Rowan! :)

M.B. said...

Congrats! Good boy!
Those really are two beautiful dogs. Our little dog had to go back to being crated when we leave... separation anxiety gets the better of him otherwise.

Al said...

Congratulations! Our dogs become a part of our families. Our little Socks won't ever win any good citizen awards, but he's a very well-behaved and smart creature, he's learned many of the words we use without being taught (including how to "go see ," at which point he'll find that person in the house).