I went to a fertility clinic.
.....
I did really go…for work. We are doing an interior tenant remodeling.
It was a very depressing feeling looking at all of the women knowing the struggles they are facing. I would imagine some of them were there for the first time – others had been there time and time again. I couldn’t help but to just want to measure, take my pictures, and get the heck out of there. Hearing the nurses talk, waiting for the consult room to be empty, listening to the one-way lingo that was being discussed on the phone…ugh.
We tried naturally – we tried adoption…but, the fertility clinic was never an appealing option. I was reminded of this today. I was also reminded of the place we use to be in, and how different a state-of-mind we are in today.
As far as we know, God did not choose us to be parents. While it took some time to make the decision to no longer pursue parenthood, it allowed me to accept my life rather than constantly hope for something different. Seeing those women today being stuck in infertility…well, it made me happy to not be stuck anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love this post. :)
I did not know you weren't pursuing adoption any more. I must have missed that somehow. :) But, I do understand that when God speaks to your heart, it helps us make a decision. I'm glad you don't feel stuck anymore.
I am so happy you are happy! It is so true that we have to do what is right for us and not what others think is the way we need to make our lives fulfilled :)
Agreed - very nice post and I'm glad it confirmed that you made the right decision.
I agree with BethAnn that it is right to do what you feel is right for you. And finding a place where you are happy.....that is what you should most definitely do!
Peace and happiness always! :)
I loved your last sentence, and can relate completely. It is good not being stuck.
Post a Comment