I am hoping to have some more interesting posts coming up in the near future – it is going to be busy spring/summer/fall.
First, we are headed to Southern Illinois to run the river-to-river relay in two weeks. I have worked all winter long to get my time down – and it seems for now that I have succeeded. I took the GPS watch out yesterday and did a 5K averaging 8:40 minute miles.
We need some luck the day of the race – when putting all of our times in, we had a predicted time of 11:43:54…we only have 11:45 to finish (the finish line closes at 8:00 pm). So, we all need to have all-star days. I did put a post up on the facebook page a handful of weeks ago to see if anyone might be willing to switch start times…today of all days, there were some responses. It seems that if all the stars align, we might be able to pull off a switch (pending the race director approval)...oh, I am praying that it might happen.
In May, we will be heading west. Great Basin National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Cedar Breaks National Monument, and Zion National Park are on the agenda. We only have five days – and the five days are going to be packed solid. I really wanted to summit Wheeler Peak at Great Basin, but most likely the snow just isn’t going to be gone yet. I really want to see the Bristlecone Pine grove near the summit, but again, we need to hope for the best in terms of snow melt by May – renting snow shoes from REI Las Vegas may be in order.
In August, Rob will be heading west with another local resident to summit Mt. Baker. We hiked to the base of the glacier a few years ago in September, and just loved the area – it was beautiful. While the Baker trip will be with a mountaineering guide, they are also going to spend some time in the North Cascades on some less technical climbs. I am very jealous.
Also on Rob’s plate over the summer is a half-ironman, sprint triathlon, and marathon.
In September, we will have another week. I am thinking California, but nothing is yet set in stone. I’ll start looking at this at the end of May.
So, while I don’t have any pictures or reports right now, stay tuned…for there will be a lot on its way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck on your relay!
You do have some busy travel plans. All the best on the relay.
My you are busy and you have a lot to look forward to. Enjoy!
Post a Comment