Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mr. 1/2 Ironman

Last weekend, Rob was in the Racine, Wisconsin Half-Ironman.  For July, the weather behaved, but it was still a rather hot day.
 
 
Both him and a friend from high school agreed that the day started difficult with a hard swim in large waves.  Many people holding on to boats and buoys to catch a break.
 
 
I had dog-duty so I only watched the run; it was a double lap (half marathon), so at times, it was difficult to tell when people were on their first or second laps.  There was a time that the road was very heavy with runners going in opposite directions on the road...some one their first and some on their second laps.  As the day grew on, it became more obvious as the heat began to set in.


I decided to walk some of the course and caught glimpses of Lake Michigan.  I also went to the end, but it was extremely crowded so I didn't stay long knowing I had to head home to take care of the dogs.  I think he was happy with his time improving a bit from last year.

1 comment: