Monday, September 1, 2014

September!

So much going on lately – the good news is we get a break in about 3 weeks.  Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota!  ((…and a lot of driving))  I have been looking forward to September for a while!

I suppose first – I enjoyed the clip that Tamron Hall had on the issue of not having children.  I felt she took the beautiful comments that Jennifer Aniston had and helped try to explain childlessness:  “You don’t suddenly become a great person because you have a child”. 

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Compared to even a year ago, the field of architecture is flourishing once again.  I have worked overtime all summer.  One last Chicago Dominicks-to-Whole Foods conversion is going in for permit in September (Edgewater).  Will there be a break after that?   The other two I worked on (Streeterville and DePaul) are starting in construction.

A number of job possibilities have popped up more recently.  My main issue with the place I am at now is a few of the workers.  If someone is suppose to work 40 hours a week, and they get there at 9:00 am, what time should they leave?  At a minimum, one would think the answer to this question is 5:00 pm.  Well – apparently architects are not required to count to 40.  I just hurts a lot when you are salaried to work 30 hours (in reality many more), and get more work than the people that are salaried at 40 hours.  Maybe there will be some new job news soon  - it seems like all of the good possibilities will require a bit of major rearranging.  I suppose even if things stay just the same – there continues to be a lot of work where I am at.   Time will tell…

While I haven’t actually signed up for a marathon, I have been marathon training.  Last week, I did 18 miles.  My main issues at this point are being physically tired towards the ends of the runs, some blister issues on one foot only, and some sores around edges of clothing.  I still don’t know if I will do an actual timed marathon yet or not…we will see how the next few weeks go.

4 comments:

Joyful said...

It sounds like you are very busy and happily so. It also sounds like you are looking forward to some beautiful hikes soon. I hope they are everything you wish for. I haven't heard about the Jennifer Aniston comments but I will go and have a look when I get a chance. It is true automatically make you a good person and it is also true that not everyone who has children should have them. There are some terrible parents out there. Take care. xx

Klara said...

dear KT,
it is lovely to hear from you again!

Enjoy September. It sounds like a great plan.

(and I am looking forward to October and many hikes in Yosemite National Park & Lake Tahoe & walking the other half of the Golden Bridge).

Thanks for sharing the link. I loved it.

regards from Europe.

Linda W. said...

Hey KT,

Have a great trip! You're gonna love Western SD. I want to hear all about it. :)

Al said...

I'm glad to see you posting again - it seems like things are going well!