Saturday, November 28, 2015

Florida, Day 3

On the way back from Key West to Marco Island, we decided to stop at the Everglades.  There are a few different ways to get into the Everglades, and we had not been to this entrance.  Knowing we wanted to get back at a reasonable hours, we choose a short hike.


Lots of birds...but no alligators or snakes.  With a warning of vultures eating the rubber off of cars (including the windshield wipers), we decided we would walk quickly.


It was unusually warm in Florida, and the ocean was warm.  So we did spend a few hours at the beach.  Our friends were also in Marco Island (which is why we booked the trip to begin with); it was fun spending time with someone else there.  Their daughter had just turned one and it was he first vacation on an airplane - it was her first visit to the beach.  She fell asleep in the ocean fairly quickly.






We had dinner them, and then just relaxed at the condo.


The next day, I got to see my friend's condo that is more near the Fort Meyers airport.  She had talked about it with me in the past - making the drapes, redoing the kitchen.  So it was nice to finally see it!  This is their first true snow-bird winter down there where they are not renting it out at all.  Good for them!

2 comments:

Joyful said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would like to be in that warm water right about now though I can't complain as we get little snow where I live.

Have been thinking about you and your eye/s. How are your eyes?

Linda W. said...

Florida is a great place to be right now! I'll bet the warm weather felt good.