Monday, August 31, 2009

August Update

A not so good August…only three happy Cradle families…two boys and one girl; no calls for us.

This past weekend, we wandered over to Argonne National Lab for their open house. It was crazy full of people; you could have spent days looking at all of the displays that they had out. We got a free yo-yo (including an entire page on the physics of how a yo-yo works). Surrounding Argonne is Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve. We had brought our bikes and rode the 9-1/2 mile trail around. We did not see any of the famous white deer (Fallow Dama Damas).

More layoffs all around; a handful of people I know (all in the last two weeks)…ughghg… One positive note is that my Roth is back to the amount I put into it. But the earnings that had been made over the last 10 years…well, you know that story…they are long gone.

Finally, I get a lot of ‘forward’ emails from various people. I typically do not forward them on for fear of spreading viruses. But Aunt Linda…this one’s for you:

Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer…Amen.

2 comments:

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

Ok, I had a spelling mistake in my first comment and deleted it....

Hoping September goes better for the Cradle and for the two of you. L & D at the hospital was pretty slow this month if that means anything.

I also don't forward emails and but I too pray for a cure for cancer.

Love and Peace,
Colleen