Warrenville had their summer festival this weekend - Summer Daze. We went over to see the bands on Friday night and spend some time at the car show on Saturday. It seems that the beverage glasses got smaller this year (a factor of the poor economy?)...no worries...it didn't stop our town from having a good time!
Every Thursday night, I get together with a young girl from town as part of a local mentor program. This past Thursday, I had a baby shower, so we shifted our night to Saturday morning. We had a good time going to the Brookfield Zoo; it was a good thing we went early because it got hot quickly and the crowds grew. We only have a few more weeks 'on our own' before we meet back with the program at the mentor house...but if anyone has any ideas for 'free' activities that can take place on a Thursday night, let me know.

1 comment:
I can relate to the heat! It is well over 100 degrees here in Louisiana!!!
I stumbled upon your blog through my dear and sweet friend, Holly's blog. My husband and I are also waiting to adopt a baby! It is so nice to have such a great support system through blog world.
I would love to add you to my private blog! If you are interested, just email me and I will enter your address!
I look forward to following your journey and sharing the good and bad times with you along the way!
julesg1018@yahoo.com
Blessings...
Julie G
Post a Comment