Monday, November 23, 2009

AM 720

AWESOME DAY! I listen to WGN on the radio at work; John Williams is on from 9-noon. He is giving away a Christmas party from Gibsons Steakhouse for a firm with less than 100 people. So, of course I emailed in to nominate our huge firm of 6. On top of it, I passed on the email to a few other of my friends in construction and told them to write in similar emails (as construction has taken such a hit this year, maybe he would be willing to give it to a number of smaller firms).

WELL...I got a call from the John Williams show late this afternoon; the firm I work at (Stewart-Nosky) is a finalist! He is going to call the finalists tomorrow at 11:35 AM!! I might be on the radio!! SO COOL!

My letter (200 words or less) said something to the effect of...it has been a crappy year, my salary was reduced but my hours weren’t...we use to have 12 people, we now have 6...I work in a sea of eight cubicles and I am the only person...but life is good because while I am lonely, I can turn up my radio as loud as I want and listen to John Williams!

PICK ME JOHN WILLIAMS, PICK ME! So tomorrow morning, tune into Chicago AM 720 around 11:30-12:00 pm.

1 comment:

rlvd said...

yay!! good luck to your firm!!