So excited tonight! I have been working with a mentor group in our community and have been matched with a 10 year old girl for just about a year. She recently signed up to learn the violin at school and had her first orchestra concert tonight...even better news, her mom and brother went to the concert too!
Lately, my mentee has been facing some struggles that a 10-year old should not have to face. To a point, all of the kids in the program have been dealt a bit of a bad hand. It was really great to see her be part of the orchestra tonight.
We will meet as usual on Thursday night at the mentor house for dinner. In recent weeks, we have been hooked on this game called Blokus (they have the two-person travel version at the mentor house). As Christmas is coming up soon, I was thinking about an idea for the family grab bag. When I was at Target this weekend, I strolled down the game aisle...they have a Blokus 4-person version...oh how exciting...I know what is going on my list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
how awesome of you to go to her concert...hmm, i've never played blokus!!
Pictures, please!! Sounds like a wonderful experience.
blokus is great ---i've only played the 4 player. you might also like ingenious, too --check it out! :)
Glad the concert went well. Never played Blokus either so maybe we can play on Christmas?
How fun! Shoot me an email if you still want to follow my blog...I'm going private but didn't have your email. peainapodplease@gmail.com
Sounds like a great experience! Glad it went well!
Post a Comment