It was nice to get a few hours away from the computer last night for mentor night; I had a chance to speak with one of the other mentees yesterday (high school age), and I was so happy to see him doing so well. We did something a little different and had movie night; the coordiantor brought in "Ice Age" and we all watched it together. (By the way, Avatar was so creative...the images were just fascinating).
If you have been following the Haiti coverage, you may have heard about the ‘Feed My Starving Children’ group. With the mentor group, we arrange to volunteer with Aurora facility every few months. Essentially, you pack dried meals that get sent around the world (many of the meals have gone and will continue to go to Haiti). If you have a small group of people (10+), I would highly suggest volunteering with this group…they make it a fun night. It is popular though, so expect to wait some time before getting in. (Sorry out-of-staters…I believe the plants are only in IL and MN).
Finally, I will leave you with a picture...Mr. Rob claims that he doesn’t eat my brownies. I would have to say from this picture, he does eat the brownies…but not the edge pieces!

3 comments:
The brownies look fabulous. Now you have me hungry! LOL :) Have a great weekend!
I guess that new brownie pan that is all edges is not for you guys!!! :)
Glad to hear you are staying busy, whether by choice or by order! And the charity sounds terrific...who knew there would actually be a waiting list to help out?
Post a Comment