Friday, January 15, 2010

TGIF

We have been devastated watching the footage in Haiti. It is just so difficult to see the complete destruction. They interviewed a Chicagoland family on the news last night that had been matched with a Hatian orphan months ago; they were in the last steps waiting on the paperwork to be completed. Now they are left wondering if their little one is safe and has food and water…the question regarding “where is the paperwork” most likely won’t be answered for some time. :(

Today, I am going to see Avatar in 3d with a friend. She has two kids and does not want to get a babysitter (as movies are expensive enough on their own!)…so I am going with her, and Rob is going with her husband on another day. Have heard good things…hope it doesn’t disappoint!

My mentee has been doing very well recently. We had a really good night yesterday; made some peanut butter cookies. I will leave you with a picture from our tubing adventure a couple weekends ago…good times!

2 comments:

Mrs H said...

My heart is breaking for Haiti. It really makes our "problems" seem small.

Enjoy the movie! It's definately not for me although I just watched District9 and thought it was fantastic!

Unknown said...

AVATAR is SO GOOD!!!