Saturday, January 9, 2010

December Update

It must be January…the fitness center is full and there is snow on the ground. This past week, we were down in Southern Illinois for Uncle Tim’s funeral. His friend delivered a beautiful eulogy; at the wake, the line to get in was quite long for most of the evening. Driving home proved to be a challenge with the winter storm that blew through…but in the end, I believe everyone made it home okay.

Four placements with Cradle families in December…three little girls and one little boy. I hope numbers start going up soon, there have been some slow months recently.

A couple of blogger friends had a very exciting week…congratulations to BP (private blog) and RLVD!

…and to my blogger friends that are still waiting...ughghg...right there with ya!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Here's to waiting with you...argh is right some days!

Hugs,
n.

Danielle said...

Waiting right here with you...and hopefully we both won't be for long! Thinking of you~

H said...

Praying for an amazing 2010 for you! One day closer!

Sissy said...

I have heard of the Cradle, I think, when I was searching around for agencies. I wonder how these agencies come up with pricing, as our homestudy was $1500 and our program fee is $3200. These things must also be regional as well, with bigger cities costing more, and California adoptions seem astronomical compared to anywhere else.

Thanks for sharing! I guess we can celebrate our one year anniversary together (sigh.) Nice to meet you!