Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Movin' along...

We had a ‘situation’ come up earlier this month where we were asked if we wanted our profile shown; we agreed and off it went with a handful of other families. The birthparents choose another family…and so it goes. It is never easy to hear that, but you find comfort in knowing that another waiting family got good news (and there were a handful of others that got the same news as you!).

We had another call come up recently where we again have made the decision to have our profile shown. Same situation...a handful of profiles will be delivered to the birthparents and they will narrow it down (or decide to parent). We are expecting to hear something back perhaps next week. This little one would most definitely not look like us for the birthparents are both African American. We wait…

I suppose we never really know what birthparent(s) are looking for. Sometimes they say, sometimes they don’t…but it seems in the end, it is just some random thing that connects them to a certain family over another.

7 comments:

BethAnn said...

Fingers crossed for ya!

Sissy said...

When we talked with our adoption agency they said it just depends. Some AA parents might ask for AA adoptive parents, other specifically ask for white parents. You never know what they want, so keep the hope alive!

BP said...

Our daughter is Hispanic, and I think her birthmother looked for an anglo couple. She didn't specifically state that, but after we got close, that is the feeling I got. Either way, I have a feeling something good is going to happen for y'all soon!!!

Nicole said...

I am keeping you close in prayer...I hope that you find your little one soon! (Or actually your little one finds you!)

Mrs H said...

I'm thinking about you! We've only known once when we were being shown and the waiting was awful. I've never known time to move so slowly.

Good thoughts!

Danielle said...

Fingers and toes are crossed for you!! Hope you get some good news real soon. Sounds like this could be very promising!

rlvd said...

it does seem like random things, but i remind you in encouragement that god has it all planned out- just wish we were in on the secret info!!! praying for you as always :) ps. you guys are being shown a lot- that's good! we felt like we weren't being shown to birthfamilies very often