And so it goes… Someone out there is happy tonight; healthy baby is going home soon. The feedback we received is that they went with a family that had more diversity...we can appreciate that.
When we talked to our social worker about race it was the strangest but easiest conversation. She asked us all these questions about our neighborhood, the schools, our church and the places we go. All very white. So they recommended we only go for a Caucasian, Asian or Hispanic baby. I didn't know that it might make our wait longer, but it will help us with our child growing up, I think.
Our agency doesn't tell us when our profile gets shown, so we don't have those ups and downs. But there are times when I wish I knew how often we were being shown.
6 comments:
When we talked to our social worker about race it was the strangest but easiest conversation. She asked us all these questions about our neighborhood, the schools, our church and the places we go. All very white. So they recommended we only go for a Caucasian, Asian or Hispanic baby. I didn't know that it might make our wait longer, but it will help us with our child growing up, I think.
Our agency doesn't tell us when our profile gets shown, so we don't have those ups and downs. But there are times when I wish I knew how often we were being shown.
Sorry Katie and Rob. Baby Sperl will find you someday soon!
Ugh, sorry! Hang in there. I know it is so hard to wait, but when the time comes it will be just the way it is supposed to be :)
Oh I am bummed for you guys! I imagine that these ups and downs are building "character", but they still suck!
Praying your little one is right around the corner...
I'm sorry Katie. Your baby is out there and he/she is closer than ever! Praying he/she finds you soon. Sending you lots of ((HUGS)).
I'm sorry you didn't get matched. That always stinks :-(
Your time is coming! I know that doesn't help. Thinking about you!
Post a Comment