Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blah...

Have I ever mentioned that I hate my job? A month or so ago, a coworker and I signed up for a seminar on brick. We asked the big boss if we could go for the free lunch and two afternoon seminars for free continuing education requirements; he agreed.

The day of the seminar came. I knew I had a meeting in Milwaukee the following morning that I needed to be ready for which I planned on doing before the seminar…but the other boss decided to dump additional unrelated work on my desk that morning that he needed “immediately”. As I was not able to get ready for the Milwaukee meeting because I was working on all of this other crap, I made the decision to go back to the office after the first afternoon presentation so I could avoid having to work all evening.

At the end of the seminar is a raffle (need be present). Guess what business card was pulled out of the jar for a 24” flat screen TV…you got it…mine! …BUT I wasn’t present because I was back at the office working to get ready for the meeting so I wouldn't have to work all night. I suppose I made someone else’s day by not being present.

When it comes to work…no good deed goes unpunished; I hate my job.

The adoption front has not been going well. Lets just say that in the past month, mealtime conversations at our house have included topics such as cocaine, alcohol, and HepC Reactive…want to come over for dinner?

Hoping that there are better days ahead…

5 comments:

BethAnn said...

There are better days ahead. We have to take the bad with the good. During our wait, our conversations were dominated with the adoption. It was really hard at times.
Hang in there!

Sissy said...

Isn't it hard to turn down, or not pursue adoptions based on the habits of the mom? I have found that to be difficult as well, and there are so many women who claim to be bipolar and that scares me.

(((HUGS)))

Kristi B said...

Been there, done that with the birth mom criteria. Just hang in there!!

Calmil2 said...

I hope there are better days to come for you too!! How about finding a new job?? I hate it when I hate my job :(

rlvd said...

wish i could send you a 24" flat screen tv that you deserve but i send you hugs and encouragement :)