As much as I enjoyed the Olympics, I am looking forward to 10 pm bedtime again. Some of the highlights for me were:
Favorite Olympic Moment: Alexandre Bilodeau (Canada) Gold Medal Men’s Mogul Run
Saddest Moment: Nodar Kumaritashvili Luge Crash
Most Surprising Moment: Apollo and JR moving into silver and bronze position once the two Korean skaters got tangled up and took themselves out in the 1500 Men’s Short track
Most Underscored: Johnny Weir (USA Men’s Figure Skating)…maybe he should have tried the quad.
Picks to watch for 2014: Mirai Nagasu (Figure Skating), JR Celski (short track)
Best Wipeouts: Skiing, Snowboarding, Bobsled…you pick. Ouch!
Favorite Commercials: Any of the VISA Morgan Freeman commercials…we also like the McDonalds: …we went into the game with one goal, and unfortunately that’s what we ended up with, one goal…
Most Overplayed Commercial: AT&T Snowboard…It’s Such a Perfect a Day…it was okay until about the 10th time.
The hockey game this afternoon was something else – how exciting...a GREAT last event! A bit disappointed that the USA didn’t win, but how could you go wrong. Listening to that crown sing ‘O Canada’ at the medals ceremony…they sure did want that gold medal. Did you hear that tickets were going for as much as $10K…ouch!
I would give you an adoption update from our agency for February, but I have given up looking at the website for lent (so there will not be one for March either).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We hated that snowboard commercial as well. My husband disliked it because they were saying anything was possible, but that space stuff is clearly impossible!
I did love the Canadian skater Joannie, who's mother died and she still skated.
you didn't list Evan...I thought he was from your area?!
I do have to say that I think my favorite highlight of the Olympics was the "O Canada!" from the hockey game. I was at work and we heard the game on the radio. It was amazing! :)
I also think all the ice skating was wonderful....pairs, men, woman, and especially the ice dancing! Do you think they will have a parade in Naperville for Evan?
There's something difficult to give up for Lent! I gave up Facebook. Much easier than giving up negative thoughts (which perhaps I should have done).
I wasn't much of an Olympic viewer. And I thought the opening and closing ceremonies were dull dull dull.
Post a Comment