Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A little of this...a little of that...

Did you just see Evgeni Plushenko? He’s definitely still got it…but it lacked a certain thrill for me. Not sure if Johnny “Weirdo” can compete with that. Of course our neighbor from Naperville doesn’t skate until third from last (so it is going to be another sleepy morning at work tomorrow)…routing for Mr. Lysacek tonight. Odds on the skaters for this evening...not that we would bet on the Olympics :)...
Lysacek: 8/1
Abbott: 14/1
Weir: 22/1

My favorite moment so far was definitely the men’s mogul final on Sunday night. Canada’s Alexandre Bilodeau’s run was incredible!

It was almost "Oh No!" for Apolo...it was certainly very nice of those 2/3 Koreans to take themselves out on the last turn in the Men's 1500 short track. Sweet! I hadn't heard of J.R. Celski before that race, but am now hooked after hearing his story and am looking forward to his other events.

We did carve some Olympic time out on Sunday night for the new season of the Amazing Race. No early favorites, but it seems like it is going to be a really excellent season. Loved that the father/daughter team tried to paint the inside of the house with their red paint…hehehe…a true Amazing Race hilarious moment!

3 comments:

BethAnn said...

OMG Katie, that was so funny when they painted the inside of the house! I was making fun in general just before that happened that someone was going to do that and the locals would be like "what are they doing?" ! :D We don't have any early favorites yet, but I am loving the Miss Teen USA and the Big Brother winner's ignorance. Oh and the rodeo guys changing their money for Brazilian. HAHA!

Danielle said...

I'm not an Amazing Race watcher but I am watching Survivor Heroes v Villans! I'm also a huge Lost fan. Glad some good TV is back!

Colleen said...

I hope Evan wins tonight and if not him then the guy from Japan! :) Did you watch the Shaun White on the halfpipe last night? Amazing!!! I wonder if they would be better with pants that fit normal.....I think halfpipe seems to be the only sport you can do with your pants falling off! :)