Last week, our agency called about a potential situation; we had a day to think about it and decided to put our profile into the mix. Once again, 8-10 profiles went out…a few days went by…and our counselor called back to let us know that the birthmother choose another family. Not meant to be.
It was difficult to get these calls 14 months ago…it is still difficult to get these calls today. That little bit of hope you had that something might actually work out…SPLAT…gone.
Our agency has hours of 8 am -5 pm, therefore, you can expect to get your calls during this time. It is unfortunate that one has to take these calls at work and then just keep working as if nothing has happened. At least at this time of year, I can blame the allergies for the watery eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sorry Katie. I am sure that every phone call hurts a lot. I can see how it would be really hard to get phone calls like that at work. ((HUGS))
I know EXACTLY how you feel. We've only been approved 5 months, and our book has only gone out 1 time. I was pretty sure she wasn't going to choose us, but I still kept hoping she would. It sucked to get that call. Praying for you guys that your wait will be over soon!! *hugs*
oh, it makes me feel sick to picture getting that at work...
thinking of and praying for you and rob.
sending love
I'm so sorry hon. I've only gone through that once and it sucked. I was just thinking about it this morning. Lots of good thoughts and virtual hugs going your way!
Katie, I can't imagine what you must be feeling. Anything I could possibly say right now would fall short for what you must be feeling. You are a beautiful woman with strength that I can only hope to achieve one day. I'm here for you if you need to vent some feelings... or whatever. I'm here for you. *hugs*
I hate those kind of calls while at work. The emails aren't any easier to get at work either. I feel for you, its hard to think you have a chance and then they choose someone else.
Post a Comment