Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not much going on...

At the mentor house this week, we dyed Easter Eggs. ‘J’ was excited about a week off from school next week (Spring Break).


Exciting political news this week with the healthcare reform. I know that there are many opposed, but I couldn’t be more excited about it. The thought that we might be eliminating the term “pre-existing conditions” from insurance policies…yeah!! The thought that the adoption tax credit has been extended to 2011 and increased by $1000…yeah!! At a scheduling meeting at work this week, I had to endure a five minute speech by my boss about how the healthcare bill was the end of the world...that was very hard for me to do. I am getting much better about flipping the thinking/processing switch to "off".

We just about have our trip to Texas/New Mexico mapped out. For now, we are making the decision not to go into Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. As CNN.com has had a few major drug related stories on their main page in the last two weeks specifically in regards to Ciudad Juarez…probably not worth it. We are still planning on canoeing a portion of the Rio Grande in Big Bend (the border to Mexico)…it is much more remote, so the NPS just has their typical warnings out. Can't wait...is it April yet?!

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

I'm not sure why people think that making unsolicited political speeches at work is acceptable? If he's against it, so be it. He should talk about it amongst his friends.