Friday, April 30, 2010

Ticks?


Saturday morning, June 5, 7:30 am...Memorial Park in Wheaton...see you there! We do believe they should rework the event to be Run FROM the Animals; it would be much more exciting.

It has been a rough week for me with the local Forest Preserve next to our home. On Tuesday, I went for a run around 7:00 pm...what comes across the path not but 30 yards ahead of me...a Coyote! Big, yet beautiful...but I wasn't about to stick around to admire it.

Then, yesterday after work and before mentor night, Rob and I decided to go for a walk through the Grove; we took the off-road bike trails through the woods to make for more of a hiking experience. Almost back at the house, we both decided it was a very nice walk - that is until Rob saw the tick on his leg. I immediately wanted him to go through my hair - sure enough, he found one. Then, off to mentor night ("J" had a good week and we had a good night); in the car, I felt a creepy-crawly on my neck. Grabbed it - another tick! Grrr.... Then back at home, sitting on the couch, I started feeling something on my arm; I ripped off my sweatshirt and Rob thought I was crazy - but yet he found the culprit - another tick! Grrrr! This was only a 30 minute walk! And it doesn't end there...one more in the shower (this one on Rob). I hope we got them all. Why is there all the sudden a tick problem in Warrenville? It was super windy out...are they more active in the wind?

Today, our 2009 property tax bill arrived in the mail (ughghg); do I even want to open it? As my salary has only gone down in the last three years, it seems that everything else is going up (oh yeah, that is except for home values!). So, I open the dreaded envelope....YEAH! Our neighbors next door might have heard me, but they are probably doing the same happy dance. The damage was a mere $38.28 for the year - I'll take it!

1 comment:

Mrs H said...

hate the creepy crawly feeling. yuck!