Sunday, June 20, 2010

One Weekend = Progress!

I mentioned in a previous post that we were having a lot of trouble with puppy dog Andra and her crate...she did not like it at all. We spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday crate training...making the crate a "happy" place. This meant putitng her in every once and a while for short periods of time with positive reinforcement...in and out...in and out...lots of "no"s and "good girl"s. Well, I present to you this picture I took this afternoon...YES! She is in her crate by choice...sleeping with the door open - Horray! We know this is a small step, but it is a small step in the right direction.


This other picture I put in for laughs...I think we tired her out. She continues to like to sleep on her back all streched out! Silly girl...

2 comments:

Rosemarie said...

I love it! I'm so glad you're not giving up. German Shepherds can't be easy, but the rewards (love and devotion only an animal can give) is so worth it.

Crafty Nester said...

I love this! We have dogs as well and when you're trying to train them to do something and they finally start to get it after the 200th try, it's so rewarding.