Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Weekend is Here

After two additional emails to our counselor (the first answered so I sent it again two days later), we finally got the following follow up: “…As I last heard, the birthmother had not been back in touch with the agency. However, her birth parent counselor had a personal emergency this week, so I was waiting until Monday to connect with her to be sure that is still the case”. And why this information couldn’t have been passed on to us sooner? I suppose we know the answer to that...but I suppose it wouldn't be polite to discuss that here.

The interview went well; hoping to hear something next week. The interviewer hinted at a potential second interview (asked what times/days would work good next week), but I also know that they were talking with 4 or 5 other people. Here is a scary thought…in the 1-1/2 week time period that the advertisement was out, they received 500 resumes! For those people that don’t understand that certain parts of the economy are hurting worse than others…here is your proof. The only reason my foot got in the door was because of two of my references and a few of my past projects. This situation has secured the following in my mind...it is not WHAT you know, it is WHO you know!

Rob is not spending the day or night at our home today…this is a first for puppy dog Andra; she is going to have to get use to it because he goes on vacations with his friends and the occasional conference with work. He has only been gone for 10 minutes, and she is already sitting at the window whining and waiting for him. What is she going to do without him? While she likes me and accepts me as part of the pack, Rob is the Alpha dog in this house. I thought I would take her over for swimming at the Glendale Heights dog park today...too hot to do anything else.


2 comments:

rlvd said...

500 resumes sounds about right round here, too-- it's something else...

and i also agree that who you know often does more- crazy

Mrs H said...

With Mr H gone I'm in charge of the dog. He's driving me nuts! I'm trying to be patient and picture him as an infant :-)

I have a 8-10 hour week filing job. I live in town of 5,000 people. 27 people applied for it. For such a low income job I think that's unbelievable!