Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our puppy dog is part…

Rabbit? It seems that the general public has determined that this is indeed the case. After another comment yesterday from a stranger on the prairie path: “…that dog must be part rabbit, I could see those ears a half mile back”.

I had a second interview last week, but have not heard anything back yet. I know that they were talking with 4-5 candidates…probably not a good sign that no further contact has been made.

Nothing new to report on the adoption front…same old crap. We were suppose to have a phone conversation with our counselor two Friday’s ago…she emailed a few hours before and canceled. We rescheduled for this past Friday at 4:00. Rob got home from work, we gave puppy dog Andra a tasty treat to keep her out of trouble, and waited for the phone to ring…waited…waited…waited…it never did. Called her office and cell phone…nothing. It is difficult to stay positive when we continue to deal with so much irritation.

“J” and I went to the movies this past week and saw “The Karate Kid”. She liked it, and I laughed a lot…not because of the movie, but because of how much it mimics the original Karate Kid from the 1980’s. It even boiled down to Dre (Danielson) getting hurt in the final scenes and being healed by Mr. Han (Mr. Miyagi). There was no “wax-on/wax off”, but rather “put on the jacket/pick up the jacket”. Next week, we will most likely be back at the swimming pool again as we often are on Thursday nights.

With the huge rain we had a week ago, my pumpkins are growing quite fast! I am now worried that they are going to reach maturity and turn orange in the middle of August rather than the end of September. Right now, I have five growing fairly strong (two super strong), and a number of others that I believe the plants are going to drop in order to keep the big ones going.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I didn't realize they were going to rename the characters in Karate Kid! That was always a movie I liked a lot. Probably the first "fight" movie I didn't hide behind the chair (like in Rocky). :)

Sorry about your counselor. Hope everything works out with everything. This is such a difficult time.