I’ll start my post by saying that I don’t laugh at work very often. I am a bit (very) bitter that the most recent stunt my bosses have pulled is that they don’t think they have to give us a Christmas or New Year holiday this year because they land on a Saturday. I politely pulled out the personnel manual that clearly states if a paid holiday falls on a weekend, an adjacent Monday or Friday will be substituted. I was told to let it go. …Bastards… Is it not enough that you took 15% of my salary away, took my 401k away, won’t acknowledge I am 100% vested in what was the 401K plan after working the required three years, ask me to work more hours, and dock me for more vacation time than I actually took? (All while my coworker continues to do anything but work...I have video of him watching a basketball game full screen while the bosses were both out.) Do they not realize that they have caused my motivation level to go negative?
Anyhow, as I sit in the office today, I have to just laugh. I sit in a room with eight cubicles…my cubicle is the only one occupied. Slowly, the light bulbs go out. As our building charges $100 a light, my bosses have chosen not to get them fixed. So slowly but surely, it gets darker as time goes on. The lunch area is down to one light (of two), the one office is down to one light (of four) and my switch is down to three lights (of six). Until now, the light above my desk has been working…but today, it flickers. It just keeps getting darker. When all the lights go out, do I get to go home?
On a more exciting note, Rob gets to go in a helicopter for work tomorrow. I am quite jealous.

1 comment:
This is terrible. I'm sorry that there are bosses like this out there.
Post a Comment