Monday, October 18, 2010

Nothing Much New....

The Run For Jack was this weekend; once again a very nice event…well organized. Rob decided to run with me (he is usually quite a bit faster) and we had a time of 27:22 which was my fastest time of the year. That concludes our events until next Spring; with the weather starting to change, we will soon become visitors to the fitness center once again.

Has anyone been watching the Amazing Race? I can’t say the first few episodes were great, but I did really enjoy last night. I am more convinced than ever that the producers do not plan the non-elimination rounds in advance…rather, they use them on teams that will be appealing to the viewers to keep them around for better tv. It happened last year with team Big Brother and the Cowboys…and then this year with Michael and Kevin. I was surprised that they used it so early on Michael and Kevin (father-son), but I am glad they did as I like them as a team and am thrilled they are still in. I have also liked the doctors (two females) from the start, but until last night, they were not doing well (but #1 last night!). Gary and Mallory (father-daughter) are growing on me…and I also like Brooke and Claire (the home shopping hosts).

Nothing new on the adoption front. Our agency is the slowest we have ever seen it; in the meantime, we get emails almost daily from other parts of the country saying they are the busiest they have ever been. But alas, the State of Illinois does not allow the use of facilitators. I could write a book about adoption and money; unfortunately, our experience has seen they go hand in hand (maybe I will share our international experience sometime). But really it just doesn't matter anymore, our checkbook is now closed: "...cause I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love."

3 comments:

Geochick said...

Our state doesn't allow facilitators either and our agency was super slow for most of the year. All we can do is wait and it sucks. Hang in there!

rlvd said...

To not be hopeful would be to miss out on part of the story.
To not be guarded and scared would be naive.
To not be wanting to get there now would be superhuman.
To not spend every moment at God's feet would be missing the point.

saw that on a blog i follow and thought of you in waiting...sending support and love!

Rosemarie said...

We started watching the Amazing Race this time (after never watching it before) and got hooked. Then we got rid of cable and haven't hooked up any antenna yet so we missed last Sundays episode... I liked the singing friends and I love the home shopping girls!