Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkins, Bike Movie, and Marathons...

The pumpkin patch has been shut down for the season! I have nine beauties from this year’s garden…not bad! As we will be giving away many of the pumpkins, we expect to receive photographs of their carved faces…I will post what I do receive after Halloween.

Do you like bicycling? Do you like Lance Armstrong? There is a +60 minute documentary “Race Across the Sky”; it is a 100 mile mountain bike race in Colorado. I really enjoyed the movie; they had it at our library. This is no Tour de France my friends…much different. Also, the scenery perfectly displays the beauty of Colorado. If we are ever in Leadville when this event occurs, we will be sure to either volunteer or be spectators! I don’t want to give out the ending, but I have to laugh that Lance Armstrong doesn’t know how to fix a flat! (Make sure to watch him say this in the first few minutes of the credits…we both laughed.) Terrific documentary!

Congratulations to Joe & Cara (and Patrick...even though I didn't see you) who all finished the Chicago Marathon today! We saw Joe three times and Cara twice (just barely). It was quite hot for a mid-October morning.

1 comment:

RELH said...

They turned out so well. I can't grow much of any plant!!!