The Good:
I am not quite sure how Mr. Rowan ended up in our house, but I am glad he did. He is our gentle, silly, trainable, and hungry four-legged friend…he is a good boy.
And Andra, while she is intense, we just love her to death. I suppose she ended up with us because she needed a family that could give her time and attention. When I took her to training last week, I couldn’t help but be proud that I told her to stay…walked around the room…came back and she was sitting right where I left her. She adores Rob more than words can say; he is her master. We still have a long way to go with her and continue to work with her everyday.
I love my new Focus; it is a fun car to drive and the heated seats are awesome in this colder weather. Even J gets excited when getting in…turn on the seats!
A few of the kids in the mentor program are doing very well; two of the older boys have gotten jobs at Target and CVS near their homes. Both of them were very excited that they would be making a paycheck. We have some fun nights planned out for November and December.
J made it to her classes on time everyday last week (…but she didn’t make it to orchestra again…it is before school and I don’t know if it is a J issue or getting a ride issue).
Toney at “Go Roma” in Warrenville hosted the mentor group at the restaurant last week; along with terrific food, he did a spectacular job at speaking to the kids about working in the restaurant business. If you want to try out this restaurant, let me know for I have some 20% off coupons - after their generosity last week, I cannot say enough about them (& the food is very good)!
There is a certain person we know that often jokes about same-sex relationships; we believe something happened in his life recently that might make this stop. AMEN! Who is he to judge or poke fun at others…and I am tired of listening to it!
The Bad:
To quit…or not to quit. In my many years of working, last week, I hit rock bottom. After questioning the holiday policy stated in our personnel manual at a staff meeting, one of the bosses screamed at me. He said (screamed) that he had a problem with me asking for the days off listed in the manual and continued to scream at me that I have not given up what he has given up. Huh? Last I checked, your name is on the door buddy. I have given up plenty. I am not the one driving around a Lexus and drinking Starbucks. If I am such a bad worker, why don’t you just lay me off? Oh yeah, I actually have millions of dollars worth of billable work sitting on my desk...I actually make you money. If you don’t want to give us the holiday, then don’t put in your manual. I should have gotten up and walked out, but I didn’t. I pulled some contacts over the weekend and have some long-shot possibilities…the resume continues to go out.
Two of our wonderful friends have made the decision to get separated; they both deserve happiness. We hope that they both can make this transition and still be friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Let us know where Go Roma is, and we'll head over for dinner. Anybody that takes the time to do what he did deserves a restaurant full of customers! :)
I hope the good always stands above the bad.
The bad ... with a boss like that I would also be tempted to just leave. Don't they have any respect for their employees? Some people who own companies shouldn't be...
Post a Comment