Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scenic Sunday


As I am new to Scenic Sunday, I thought I would give you a bit of background. We live in Warrenville, IL…but love to travel to National Parks on our vacations a couple times a year. We do not buy expensive cameras (I am a fan of the Kodak Easy Share), but still grab some fabulous photographs. As our main goal is hiking and enjoying being outdoors, we do not carry a tripod or anything fancy.

This photograph was taken on our vacation in September 2009. We had a glorious day in Paradise at Mt. Rainer; we made it up to Pebble Creek before we turned back due to lack of snow equipment. It was 100% overcast when we started up the trail, but the clouds started to burn off as we moved further up the mountain. By the time we got back down to Paradise, the clouds had returned. What a wonderful day it was.

Scenic Sunday

6 comments:

Martha Z said...

It truely is Paradise at Mount Rainer. It's a beautiful place. As an older hiker I will say "happy trails" and I hope you share more shots of your hiking adventures in the future.

Al said...

Beautiful photo - I need to get back to Mount Rainier next time I'm in the Seattle area. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Scenic Sunday posts in the future!

Unknown said...

Just posted my first "Scenic Sunday" today as well! Ranier is a subject I have been eager to shoot, but life has not allowed me to get there.... Thanks for sharing. I look forward to following your blog!

Rosemarie said...

That photo is lovely. I have a SLR, but I have taken equally beautiful photos from my point&shoot. Plus it's easier to carry when hiking.

Matt & I want to visit all the parks one day too. I may be hitting you up for info when the time comes.

Angie said...

Beautiful!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Johnny Nutcase said...

Rainer is a fantastic place. I haven't been in a while but I'd love a trip there again soon. Nice shot, I'm glad the weather cooperated a little bit for you!