For a nice loop trail, we parked at Uncle Tom's Trail, walked up to Artists point, and then returned back by Lily Pad and Clear Lakes. The trail along the road was more of a superhighway, but with terrific views of the canyon; coming back near the lakes was more secluded...and there were a few thermal features along the way.
Yellowstone is big with a lot to see. There were a lot of thermal areas that seemed far from natural with their miles of boardwalks and people. But with a little bit of planning, it was fairly easy to get into the wilderness and away from the crowds.
We have the logistics for our Southwest vacation worked out. Right now, we are trying to get some tips on the best hikes at Death Valley National Park. If you have been their before and have suggestions, we would appreciate it! We will be hitting Joshua Tree, Mojave NP, Las Vegas (ding ding ding), Death Valley, and the Santa Monica mountains.


5 comments:
Awesome photo! What great adventures you have been on!
great shots! there's a lot of great places to get away from the people there!
I love, love, love Michelle Kwan. She has always been my favorite and I was able to meet her one time when the Tour of Champions came to town. She was so nice and sweet and I was thrilled to meet her and get her autograph. Sadly, this was back when we had film cameras, and I had run out of film by the time we met her.
We are totally besties now that you have expressed your love for Michelle Kwan. Sarah Hughes was at the competition in the stands and I never really liked her that much, but it was cool that she was there. Brian Boitano was also there, and I missed getting his autograph.
Great photo!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
re: Your comment on my blog. I hope you're having a snow day! We just have subzero temps now. Crazy, almost 70 degrees on Saturday and -10 with -30 windchill this morning.
What a beautiful picture.
Post a Comment