The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention declares that today is “Don’t Fry Day” to encourage sun safely awareness and to remind everyone to protect their skin while enjoying the outdoors.Skin cancer is on the rise in the United States, and the American Cancer Society estimates that one American dies every hour from skin cancer. This year alone, the American Cancer Society estimates there will be more than 68,000 new cases of malignant melanoma, the most serious form of skin cancer, and more than two million new cases of basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers in the U.S.
My life has been touched by skin cancer three times; I was lucky and had the moles removed early. I can't tell you how many times I have heard people comment on arms or legs that are pale in color...don't be one of those people. Pale is beautiful for some of us.

3 comments:
I'm glad you are keeping ahead of the problem! I pray you will never have another cancer of any sort, ever!
Smart advice. Thanks for the information. :)
I'm CRAZY about sunscreen! My friends are sick to death of me. but slowly slowly slowly they are changing their behavior.
i'm pale, pastey and proud!
Post a Comment