Thursday, August 4, 2011

Benefits

This week, I went to an open house at a firm in Oakbrook; you got to bring your resume and spend 10 minutes with an interviewer in your department (architecture). They did give you packet with an application and a benefits summary.

I went to the open house with a coworker of mine (I am not the only unhappy one that thinks our current situation is nuts). When walking out together, we both were almost in tears regarding the benefit summary. They offered: Paid-Time-Off, Paid Holidays, Flex Time Schedule, Compressed Work Week Schedule, Deffered Overtime Time, Medical Insurance, Prescription Benefits, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, 401 Trust Plan, Education Assistance, and DIRECT DEPOSIT (…does that mean the paychecks won’t bounce?!). All this, and it was written down on an official piece of paper!

Was it too much to get on my knees and beg?

6 comments:

Joyful said...

Wow! that's a great benefits plan. Hoping you get it :-)

Colleen said...

Hope you get another interview and then the job! You can come have lunch in our crazy cafeteria with me.

colleen also said...

that's a new low, bouncing a paycheck! man oh man! liking the deferred overtime thing, tho... novel!

Colleen said...

I didn't post the "also said" post on here.....

Al said...

Good luck! I guess I should be glad for my job with benefits!

Good luck if you decide to take a photography class. I've considered doing the same thing, but never have yet. I've learned a lot from the internet, and as I'm sure you know, everything on the internet is true!

Rosemarie said...

That's sad that paid-time off and paid holidays is actually a benefit you're looking for. It used to be a given... sorry about your situation and like C said, I hope you get an interview!