Sunday, January 29, 2012

Not Yet Half Way

Our quest to see all of the national parks in our lifetime continues. While we still have a lot of easy ones to get to, the bar has been raised – we also have some of the most difficult ones left on the list. In addition to location, the second problem we are running into is wanting to go back to some of the parks we already visited. If I could book the same trip we did last year to Glacier NP at the same prices, I would not hesitate – the hiking at that park was simply fabulous. And then there is Half Dome at Yosemite…the Wonderland trail at Mt. Rainer…the rim-to-rim trail at the Grand Canyon. I have decided to dedicate a page on this blog to this life-long quest; for certain it is significant enough to document! For now, it is on the sidebar.

More on the employment situation soon (and more in general period). For now, I am still working close to 60 hours per week in this transition. I had a $300,000 project go out two weeks ago, a $7,000,000 project go out on Tuesday, and a $500,000 project go out on the 10th of February. UGH!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

You could drive out to Theodore Roosevelt, see the park and then head to Glacier. It takes a good long day to drive through Montana. That way you could get to Glacier again. I would wait until your cars are older....

Donna said...

Wow! The list of places you've visited already is impressive. When you do the Cuyahoga Valley you'll have to let me know. IT's pretty much in my backyard.

Gaelyn said...

Very impressive list. I'll bet you're ready to be done with the million dollar projects and get back to your own.

Let me know when you're returning to Grand Canyon.

Sissy said...

I think I've seen several of the Alaskan national parks, because we lived there when I was a kid and my dad was a lover of all things outdoors. I specifically remember Glacier Bay and how magnificent it was, although I was 7 and it seemed so especially vast. I wish you good luck on your quest. I'd like to see all 50 states, which might be easier than all the parks, since each state has multiple parks.