Thursday, May 10, 2012

How do you like them apples...Thanks Chicago Tribune for this bit of information, we actually will be at the Grand Canyon! Everything is falling into place for our trip. We have decided that we don't have to hike the canyon with our sleeping bags; inner temperatures are hitting in the high 90's with night low's in the 60's. Also, we have been keeping our eyes on the water levels at Zion National Park, and it does seem that we might get lucky with a hike of the Narrows (though we will have to rent dry-pants). We wanted to hike "The Subway", but time just wasn't on our side this trip (there is always reason to go back).

4 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I just ordered a solar filter for my camera. I believe this will be an awesome sighting at the canyon.

Good choice about not lugging sleeping bags into the canyon. A light sheet will probably due.

When do you arrive at the canyon? I have my schedule now.

Colleen said...

Wow! Cool that you will be there then! :)

Al said...

I would love to see this eclipse but it's not going to happen. Have a great time!

Mrs H said...

Omgosh that will be so F-ing cool!!