Monday, June 30, 2014

Remembering

Today, we remember our baby.  It was eight years ago, but my heart is still broken.  I need to start on crocheting some new baby blankets as it seems that the baby boom is happening once again – but I just don’t have it in me.  

I wish I could have taken the day off of work, but instead, I am working overtime.  I have a $13 million dollar project going out today, and a $10 million dollar project that needs to go out next Monday.  One more week of intense work – one more weekend of extra hours.  Then hopefully, it will get better.  There is another $12 million dollar project that is suppose to go out in mid-August – I am praying that it doesn’t end up on my desk; I need a few weeks of normal workload.  To make it worse, I had a five hour meeting with the client today where the contractor that got chosen for our last adoption opportunity over us was there…and of course, he had to talk about his kids…can I sink any lower?  The kid is now three…wow, was it that long ago?  My heart still aches like it was yesterday.

Southwest picked our next vacation spot – Colorado.  While I was hoping for Oregon, we are thinking next year.  We also had our eye on Hawaii, but the fares just wouldn’t drop comfortably.  I am excited about this one and just about have it mapped out.  We will drive north hitting Wind Cave NP (SD), Theodore Roosevelt NP (ND), Badlands NP (SD), and finally spend a day in Colorado – maybe a 14er in the front range (snow pending…we are going in later September).


I finished reading “Dear Bob and Sue” – a book regarding a couple that visited all of the National Parks. Get on your kindles and go to Amazon; it is a free book right now and a pretty quick read. 

11 comments:

Linda W. said...

Glad you liked "Dear Bob and Sue." Sorry to hear about your sad anniversary.

Have a great time planning your next trip. The SD Badlands are amazing! I'm going to Rapid City the last week in August to visit family.

Colleen said...

Will always, always, always remember your little baby. So, so sorry. Hugs.

Mali said...

We always remember. I'm sorry you had to listen to the contractor. That's rubbing salt into your wounds. I'm hoping the rest of the day passed peacefully, and that you can now look forward to your vacation.

Joyful said...

Such sadness for you at this time of year. I pray it gets better for you soon though I know you will never forget. xx

Klara said...

dear Katie,
warm hugs from Europe!

Savannah said...

Hugs my friend. Remembering a loss is never easy, but its even harder on the anniversary date. Sorry about the contractor part, that truly is salt in the wounds.

Illanare said...

Thinking of you, and of your little one.

loribeth said...

Remembering along with you (albeit slightly belated!). I've already asked for August 7th off, just in case... :p Enjoy your trip!

Al said...

I can't imagine - I wish you the best.

Mrs H said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss anniversary. It always amazes me how people like the contractor forget the struggle & feelings. xoxox

I LOVED Dear Bob & Sue! I'm excited for your trip. I've not been to Teddy Roosevelt or Wind Cave. The Badlands are cool!

Al said...

Best of luck on your job interview!