Friday, October 9, 2009

10 Years...

To my Rob…remembering 10 years…

1999: We started off rough stuck on that boat…but we made it through. I really loved seeing the space shuttle at the Kennedy Space Center (even if it was really far away).

2000: I’ll never forget how quick that street vendor picked up his paintings in Paris…

2001: Mount Rushmore was quite small… We stayed at that terrific Ramada with the waterslide…we met that little boy with cancer who just loved that slide just as much as we did (I hope that he survived).

2002: It was a busy year…we made it to the SLC Olympics…and also to the Northeast. At Acadia, we took that hike up to the lake where we were intending to swim; oh, but nobody mentioned the leeches…

2003: We came across that Turkey Vulture right on the side of the trail at the Grand Canyon…what a strange looking bird!

2004: This trip was beautiful…those two hikes we did from Yosemite Valley up were just awesome…need I say more?

2005: Another great trip to the Southwest; I remember picking up the hitch-hiker on our way to Natural Bridges NM…(just after that strange road up the cliff!)

2006: We were not expecting much at Timpanogos Cave…but what a great adventure. I remember looking at the surrounding valley seeing the fall colors below, and snow just brushing the tips of the branches at the upper elevations…beautiful…

2007: This has got to be my favorite…I will always remember the frogs at Mt. St. Helens…I laugh every time I think of them (and I think of them often)…how did we not see them all on the way in?

2008: That water was so clear at Palms Books State Park you could see the fish 30 feet down…

2009: This one is easy…remember that magical day on Mt. Rainer…always…

We may not have a child, but we have oh so much more…Happy Anniversary!

No comments: