Friday, December 11, 2009

Brrrrr....

It is certainly wintertime in the midwest this week: snow, wind & COLD!

Some Christmas greetings went out over the past week; if you didn’t receive one, it is because we are saving on postage and we will deliver it when we see you or on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. With the Christmas cards, we have included a few adoption pass-along cards. We would appreciate if you could spread them in places that might be in touch with birthparents considering an adoption plan: doctors, hospitals, churches, counselors...you get the idea. If you would like more, please let us know and we will get more to you. We also have a PDF of our short profile (with our contact information) that is available for email...let me know if you would like it for forwarding purposes.

Our agency recently had an 'up-do' to the online profiles, if you haven't see ours..take a look!

We had a situation call that came this past week. A birthmother selected our short profile along with a handful of others; we are not sure if she choose another family or choose to parent herself, but in the end, we were not selected. And so it goes...we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and move on.

Baby S...WHERE ARE YOU? Stay warm!

6 comments:

Calmil2 said...

Oh...I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!!! Hang in there; it is so hard. Hope you have a wonderful holiday and that the new year brings a baby (to both of us:)

rlvd said...

praying for you guys

Nicole said...

I love this card...what a great idea.

I am sorry to hear that this situation wasn't the one. I imagine when you know you've been selected to be "considered" it is very difficult to keep you mind under wraps. Hugs to you both.

Thanks again for the kind words over my way. It means a lot to have the support of others who are waiting--we seem to understand each other the best, I think. Have a nice weekend and stay warm!

BethAnn said...

Katie,
We got your package. Thank you! I will be sending out Christmas packages next week, so watch for yours. I will keep those cards with me and hand them out when and where I can. I am thinking about you and praying that you will not have to wait much longer for your baby's call. It is encouraging that you are being looked at so often. Hang in there.
BethAnn

Kellie said...

Looks great! Love the idea!

H said...

I love your cards you are including for Christmas! I was looking into doing that right before we were matched. They look great! Here's to an awesome 2010 for you!