The Cradle had nine placements in January (6 boys and 3 girls). We expect to see a busy February as well for we do know that there are several children currently in the nursery (to cheat a bit…there have already been four placements since Feb. 1). Since we have been in the domestic program, I think the slowest month was 3 placements and the busiest 13.
A few adoptive blogger friends out there are expecting some good news in the upcoming week(s)…hoping your little ones will be arriving soon “H” and Kellie!
Coming up is our bi-annual DCFS visit...to check and make sure the house is suitable for our child (oh yes, the one we don't have). To make sure we still put batteries in our smoke detectors...to make sure we still don't have firearms in the house...to make sure we still carry our car insurance...blah blah blah...
Today, as my favorite delivery driver hasn't been around for a couple of weeks, I found out that he was diagnosed with two tumors on his spine. They transferred him to the big city and he is having surgery...but the chances of him walking again are not real good; I am very sad and scared for him. :( I hope that the doctors are wrong.
Nine more days...yes, just nine...Vancouver 2010...(aka - nothing productive gets done around this household). I am actually looking forward to a games without a huge Michael Phelps type icon..spread the wealth around a bit. Looking forward to the Men's Figure Skating...and snowboarding...and speed skating...pretty much just about everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love the winter olympics, too!
I'm so excited for the olympics too! Not sure I'll get to watch much since the baby is coming so soon!
I just know you will be chosen soon, by the way your house is adorable!!!
Have fun watching the Olympics! I can't believe February is here and they will start soon. Where has the time gone?!
I am trying to get everything done around the house by the time the Olympics start!!! I think Lindsay Vonn will be our superstar for the USA this year in skiing and I can't wait. I also am excited for the ice dancing because there are 2 US pairs that are great!!!! I've never been into the ice dancing before but the one American pair has just the most amazing program! So everyone out there watch the ICE DANCING this year! I hope the Olympics are a great distraction from your wait.
Found your blog through open adoption bloggers! I'm totally stoked for the Olympics too...although it's probably going to make me totally unproductive around the house because I'll just want to watch tv all day long!
Good luck in your adoption journey! I'm hoping you get "the" good news soon ;)
I thought I was the only one who LOVED the Olympics! No one in my family cares, but I can't wait!
Post a Comment