Monday, May 24, 2010

Nothing New

Sorry I am a boring blogger lately, there is nothing good/new in our adoption world at the moment; there is a saying…if you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all. I suppose that is where we are at.

Got some bike riding in this past weekend…lots of riders out. We are getting excited about the pool opening next weekend (whoa!). Rob has his first triathlon in a few weeks and is eager to be in the water (hopefully the lake water in Wisconsin isn’t too cold this upcoming weekend). I am on a search for a swim shirt (want to cover the back/shoulders); we have seen them for kids, but not adult sizes…any ideas?

As it was a bit hot on Sunday, we tried the A/C out on Sunday night…with no luck. It is an old system and we know it needs replacement, but were hoping to get one or two more years out of it (most likely no such luck).

Looking for something to do this summer on Wednesday nights at 7 pm? Concerts in the Commons are back in Warrenville next to the Library. The season starts off with “Final Say” on June 2 (Rock to Pop, R&B to Hip Hop, Country through Funk). We really enjoyed a lot of the groups from last year, but only a couple dates are repeat bands).

Have a good week!

3 comments:

Sissy said...

I looked at your timeline and I think we have been in the adoption process about the same length of time. Seems like forever, doesn't it, when you don't have anything to report?

Mrs H said...

I'm a bad blogger too.

Hang in there! Even though it's been hot I bet that lake water is C O L D!

Eric & Katie said...

I stumbled upon your blog and wanted you to know we were in your very shoes last year at this time! We, too, adopted through The Cradle. It is a long, emotional journey- but looking back, it was the very BEST journey! We waited a year and a half for our Colin. During the frustrating times our counselor always told us that God already had our baby picked out and she was right. There is not a doubt in my mind that Colin was God's Plan and every disappointment down that long road made our adoption day that much more special.

I know your day will happen soon- God has that baby picked out for you too :)

Feel free to email me if you need anything- or just to vent.

Katie Brousseau
katiebr@hotmail.com