Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Run Run Run...

Rob and I ran the Cosley Run For (FROM) The Animals last weekend; in the end, we both decided to do the 10K. Rob had to get up and work at 3:00 am, so all things considered, he ran a great 52:40.2 minutes (8:29 average mile). I was very happy with my 1:01:35.4 (9:55 average mile). A few of my friends from high school ran as well, it was fun to get together with them afterwards (even if it did rain). Rob is swimming/biking/running the Batavia triathlon this upcoming weekend (his third year in a row).

Andra continues to have “good dog” moments and “bad dog” moments. Our local park district started up an eight-week training class this week, so we are attending it as well as our classes at the German Shepherd School on the weekends. There are three dogs in the class (it is the over 25 lb. class). One of the other dogs is a Boxer-German Shepherd mix (more Boxer than German Shepherd); after seeing him, I definitely think Miss Andra is German Shepherd-Boxer with a little more German Shepard (and maybe a little something else thrown in there too). Every day I walk or run her in the morning and either Rob or I do the same in the evening (sometimes twice). So many times, people on the street say, “…what a good dog…” (we only laugh!). She has her moments (especially on walks) where she can easily fool the casual observer by obediently sitting…in reality, she is an adolescent that is quite often testing her boundaries and questioning the patience of her owners. See the picture below…the book is “Training Your German Shepard Dog”…need I say more? She managed to give the librarian a big laugh upon its return…ugugugughghgh...


We decided to have our long profile shown in an adoption situation; probably won’t hear back for a bit. We remain cautiously optimistic as we both had a very positive feeling about this one, but also know that the fall down can be very hard. Hoping...

Go Blackhawks; an exciting game tonight!

4 comments:

Sissy said...

I'm sorry that Andra felt a little hungry!

What is the difference between a long or short profile? Just curious. I would love to hear more about the situation if you want to share. Send me an email if you'd like.

BethAnn said...

I wonder what Andra is trying to say with that book? ;) That is so funny!
Thinking about you in your recent situation! I am sending good thoughts for you out in to the universe!!

Keiko Zoll said...

Best of luck! I hope this profile showing ends up in a match!

Other Mother said...

hahaha! I think we all know how Andra feels about the training business. You are amazing! Kudos to you for the 10k, I am running my first ever 5k in July. I am NOT a runner, but I'm starting to enjoy it. I've been thinking so much about you lately KT and I wish you the best and am constantly sending good vibes out to the cosmos for you and your wonderful husband. You guys are good people and deserve the greatest blessings. Tell Andra I'm on her side in the training debacle... someone's got to be on her side, haha.