Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bah! Humbug!


How much we have progressed since we took this picture back in May during the first weeks that Andra came home. Tonight, our puppy dog had a wonderful training class and didn't miss any commands...so proud we are! Mr. Rowan is still his happy-go-lucky self and we don't think he could hurt a fly; his training is coming along very quickly. This guy is very food motivated.

They are getting along very well. We still have the occasional scuffle over food, but overall, they are starting to settle into their routines together. In the morning, I always have two eager dogs sitting quietly at the back stair waiting to go on our walk. At bedtime, they both find their spot next to the bed and sleep peacefully through the night. In between, they do play hard, but their tails are always wagging.

We had our first snow last weekend, and our first deep cold this week...and we are managing well. Shorter walks and more quick, high-energy exercise time in the yard. With Andra's short hair, Rob got her a red coat. I do think she likes it for she will sit/stand very still when we bring it out for her.

3 comments:

Other Mother said...

They are the cutest! What breed are they? (The security word verification is tertinfa... it makes me think of Turtle in Florida...? Does Florida have turtles? That's bizarre.

BethAnn said...

I am so glad to see your dogs bringing that special joy to your life that only dogs (and cats) can do. I hope you are looking forward to the holiday season. Please keep an eye out for a package from us.
BTW, we did accept a little boy from the waiting child list. I haven't posted it on the blog other than in the adoption timeline...it was all I could let myself do until the adoption paperwork gets to us. He is 7.5 months old. No one wanted him because the mother smoked and drank, but he is healthy, no FAS. We know every child is born with challenges and we are willing to accept whatever ones he may have. I will post more details on the blog when I feel secure enough :) Please know you are always in my thoughts and I always mention your name when people tell me of a possible adoption situation. Whether it gets back to your agency or not I do not know, but I do what I can. This is getting too long. Talk to you later!

Sissy said...

The fall picture of me was actually taken the weekend of my birthday, but I didn't really get around to posting about my birthday. Then, the first weekend of December we had snow, so about two weeks apart. I've just been such a slack blogger that I had too many things to get into one post. Sigh.