Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ornaments over the Years

For the past ten years, I have made ornaments to decorate the Christmas tree. I know I have a few crafty followers, so I thought I would share. Just the other day, a friend of mine was thankful to get this year's ornament on her doorstep as she needed an idea for her son's class (some years have been very easy to make...while others were much more difficult). Enjoy!

...very easy - a reindeer out of puzzle pieces...


...moderate - a sled out of popsicle sticks...


...easy - an angel out of a paperclip...


...easy...reindeer out of closepins...

...easy...stamping/chipboard/foamcore...

...moderate...snowman out of popsicle stick...

...difficult...airplane out of misc. wood pieces (clothespin, popsicle sticks, dowels)...


...moderate...present out of wood block...

...easy...painted glass ball...
...easy...painted glass ball...

7 comments:

Colleen said...

I have always loved receiving your ornaments! We look forward every year to what you will make next. Love you!

Colleen said...

Hey! You forgot my favorite one. The snowman family. I love to see Grandma's one of that, and I love mine too.
I wonder who has Grandma's one.

Maybe that is a difficult ornament because it is just the two of us (and the two of you), but I love it no matter what.

BethAnn said...

Easy to you! I would have a hard time with the reindeer made out of puzzle pieces. :D Thank you so much for our ornaments. We have them all on the tree and they look great!

Sissy said...

Very crafty! I like them! I don't have too many handmade ones, since I tend to like ornaments covered in glitter and that is too messy. Of course, this year I added a Transformers ornament, just for the husband, so it isn't a decorator tree or anything.

BTW, I like being bloggy buddies with you, too!

Rosemarie said...

Geez! You and your sis are so creative!! (That's good, but it makes us non-crafty types envious :)

Crafty Nester said...

cute cute!

Other Mother said...

These are the cutest ornaments ever! The reindeer made out of puzzle pieces is so adorable. I know it's belated but Happy Christmas KT and a beautiful New Year to you and your wonderful husband.