Wednesday, May 4, 2011

DINK...

Acronyms seem to be all over the place these days; if you have dealt with infertility, you know what I am talking about. There is a whole other language out there…some of the more frequent ones I have seen used: BM = Birthmom, SAHM = Stay at Home Mom, DH = Dear Husband, IF = Infertility…the list is endless.

Today, I was introduced to a new one that I had not heard before. We now have a status. We are DINK's: Dual Income No Kids. Who knew?!

5 comments:

rlvd said...

still have your picture you must have sent along w/ something probly over a year ago-- can't remember what-- on our fridge, thinking of and praying for you.

if you ever would wanna email me, i'd love to be able to support you in where you and your hub are in your family journey--

encourage1@live.com

Other Mother said...

(giggles)... I think I would prefer being a DINK than a BM (bowel movement anyone?) Awkward, haha. The captcha to post this message is "execcul" which I am now trying to make into an acronym... I should tell you that I am failing at this miserably :)

Joyful said...

As a blog reader I come across a lot of acronyms and sometimes it takes me forever to figure out what they are...like DH. Now I can see from your post that I figured it out correctly, lol.

cjsperl@sbcglobal.net said...

DINK is a Yuppie term that's been around for a long time. Others include: BUPPIE - Black Urban Professional; HUPPIE - Hispanic Urban Professional; SCUPPIE - Socially Concious Upwardly Mobile Professional; and my favorite PUPPIE - Poor Urban Professional. DINK may also be DINKY - Dual Income, No Kids (Yet).

Al said...

I've heard this acronym. We're something else - Dual Income, Kids.

I work in software development, and we have acronyms by the thousand.