Friday, May 20, 2011

Scenic Sunday - Shawnee National Forest

Last weekend, we took a trip to Southern Illinois and did some hiking in the Shawnee National Forest; some pictures from Fern Clyffe and Garden of the Gods are posted. Happy Scenic Sunday!

I have been working hard at planning a Glacier National Park trip for early September. I almost have all of the details worked out. Has anyone been there around Sept. 7-12 before? How much snow will we encounter?






Scenic Sunday

11 comments:

Al said...

Beautiful photos, it looks so green, a perfect place for some hiking and photography. We have a Garden of the Gods in my town, I have several posts from it on my blog (if you want to see them, click on the Garden tag on the right of my blog).

Joyful said...

Beautiful. I can almost feel the crisp, cool air.

wenn said...

i love nature!

Dimple said...

Beautiful photos!
I haven't been there in September, but August has no snow in Glacier, except on the glaciers. Depending on the season, probably you won't find very much snow when you are there. I live in northern Idaho, at a lower elevation than Glacier, and early September is usually warm and dry. Glacier is one of the more gorgeous places I have been!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love your photos. Nice captured. Very beautiful and nice green forest..Pls check-out my entry. Happy Scenic Sunday!

Colleen said...

Nice photos!

We went I think around the same time you are and had no snow but it did rain almost the whole time we were there. It was around freezing at night. I think September is the best time to vacation!

Deepthi Pola said...

nice photos...i love the green texture in all the pics

Other Mother said...

Gorgeous pictures! You are quite the photographer KT. Thanks for sharing such beautiful scenery!

EG CameraGirl said...

This is such a gorgeous spot to hike! Beautiful photos.

Honey at 2805 said...

Beautiful phots. So lush and crisp with the greens. Lovely place for a hike!

Linnea said...

That's a very idyllic spot. I love how fresh and clean it looks. Lovely shots you've captured. Thanks for stopping by mine.